Friday, February 15, 2013

(943) je suis gâté

It's certainly been a while since I've posted! I've had a few minor injuries since then, which have been happening frequently unfortunately! I finally cut my finger pretty good and went to the ER, I burnt two fingers badly and as of yesterday, I fell on my face on campus and banged myself up pretty good. Hoorah! I guess school has been crazy too. 

Moroccan vegetable soup from EHH. Probably one of the easiest soups I've ever pulled together with pantry ingredients only! I made it spicy by adding red pepper flakes and used the leftovers in a very different way (see below) //happy herbivore everyday

I have been wanting to re-do leftovers for a while now. I baked a purple sweet potato and added vegan butter, topped it with leftover Moroccan soup, then added garlic butter sauteed spinach around it. So delicious, filling, and I'm pretty sure it has all the colors of the rainbow!

I am a sucker for nightcaps (I'm almost out of bourbon which is a PROBLEM) and this one might be my new favorite: red wine hot chocolate. I know, it sounds weird. Hot wine? But trust me. You won't go back after trying this. I used almond milk and added marshmallows on top. I can't wait to make this again! //home cooking adventure

So remember the gluten-free dairy-free pizza crust I made from scratch in october? Well, I froze the leftovers by wrapping it in saran wrap and then foil. They reheated perfectly! I am still trying not to eat Daiya whenever possible, so I made this amazing white bean pizza sauce instead. I might be hooked. It's incredibly garlicky and I added Italian herbs too. I topped it with tomatoes, kalamata olives, red pepper flakes + nooch. This pizza was amazing! This issue of chickpea magazine is where you can find the sauce.  //chickpea magazine

I love mac and cheese, hot sauce, and black beans...so this was an obvious dinner choice. It's the Pablo pasta recipe from EHH and it's now my favorite rendition on mac and cheese. The cheese sauce as green chiles, cumin, tomatoes, black beans and all of this gets smothered in hot sauce. Tooooo good. Lindsay's recipes are incredibly easy, budget friendly, and healthy. I seriously recommend all of her books! //happy herbivore everyday

I have been craving a lovely salad and have also been trying to use different cookbooks lately. This everyday chickpea-quinoa salad was my first pick from Isa Chandra's amazing book. I added shredded carrots, huge handfuls of alfalfa sprouts and mixed super greens. The homemade balsamic vinaigrette is amazing enough on its own! This salad kept me full and made me feel healthy all week. //appetite for reduction

I have been eating a lot of tofu lately, which is awesome! I went through a long period of hating tofu and not understanding it. Now I love it and try to eat it as much as possible. This was a sesame tofu scramble with swiss chard and sweet potatoes from Vegan Brunch. The flavors were great and I added a lot of sriracha to "balance" everything out. //vegan brunch

Finally tried these baked egg avocado tostadas! So easy, delicious, and great with hot sauce. I just need to try and not over cook my eggs next time...or severely burn two of my fingers! //naturally ella

It's always nice to make something that you already have all the ingredients for! This mushroom pea pasta was buttery, delicious, and simple. I love nothing more than well sauteed mushrooms and I could eat them everyday! //martha stewart

handmade Miyazaki valentine for someone special!



I didn't get to cook for Valentine's Day since I bumped myself up so well, but I still had to make cupcakes. I made Smitten Kitchen's black bottom cupcakes. I've made them before and I stand by them because: they're easy, you only need a mixer for 1 minute, there's no frosting, and they're the BEST! Essentially it's a 2/3 brownie cupcake and 1/3 cheesecake. here are the substitutions I used: 1 C sorghum flour, 1/2 C tapioca starch, 1 tsp xanthan gum + vegan cream cheese (8 oz). There is an egg in the cream cheese filling but I'm positive you can sub with egg replacer or even some blended tofu. //black-bottom cupcakes

The most perfect gift: a French "A Clockwork Orange" poster. YES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)