Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.16

1. Any cocktail with the word "cat" in it is sure to catch my eye - so this tipsy cat cocktail with honeysuckle flavored vodka (?!!) sounds incredible! Definitely keeping my eyes out for this spirit.
2. My birthday isn't until November but I feel like this strawberry slab pop tart pie might have to be my "cake" this year.
3. I guess I'll be moving to LA because NamasDrake, a Drake themed yoga class, is a thing there. And Drake themed cocktails post class? Yes, yes.
4. Autumn will be here before we know it - so here's a list of apple cocktails to celebrate!
5. We re-stocked our bar last weekend with Anejo tequila, Pimm's, Campari, and Elderflower liqueur, so we've been making a lot of drinks at home. This Bitter Elder might be my new favorite cocktail - a floral sort of twist on a Negroni!
6. On the list of things I'm making myself read - How to be motivated to exercise - for the rest of your life.
7. I love apple brandy (Calvados) and since our bar is growing...I might have to splurge on some to make these ginger Calvados drinks
8. What happens when funhouse perspectives meet Hitchcockian storytelling and a Twilight Zone ending? It probably looks something like this film - Seconds (1966). Just another reminder that I need to watch more and more Criterion films! Pro tip: check for essays on their site post screening to immerse yourself more in the film (they're always fantastic)
9. I've started to run as of just a couple of months ago, and I'd like to build up to running a 5K outside - this site and article look like very helpful sources for this
10. What I'm currently reading: something spookysomething weirdsomething frugal, and something boozy

Relaxing at a vinyl coffeeshop/bar in Charleston.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! :)