Monday, July 23, 2012

(726) bohemian highway, cielo drive

so I'm pretty settled in here now...and I've been cooking a lot. once I started, I just haven't been able to stop! so here's what I've been eating:

creamy, buttery scrambled eggs on garlic butter slathered toast, fresh tomatoes + chives//eat this poem

new favorite sandwich: spinach hummus, tomato, vegan cheese on GF bread baked and broiled in the oven//naturally ella

sauteed chicken breast with orange avocado salsa and garlic butter quinoa//martha stewart

one of the most delicious, easy meals I've ever made: brown rice penne pasta baked with swiss chard, vegan cheese, cabernet marinara and fresh basil//love and lemons

too much wine for two days

BLT corn salad wraps with bacon, avocado, lime juice, corn and tomatoes//joy the baker

mini strawberry shortcake cupcakes with strawberry curd and vegan coconut whipped cream//chocolate moosey

for the cupcakes we substituted: 3/4 C gluten free flour, 3/4 C xanthan gum, 1/4 C earth balance vegan butter sticks, and 1/4 C rice milk. they were some of the best cupcakes I've ever had. I want to make regular-sized ones with better whipped cream.

grilled cheese: ASSEMBLE!!!

I love matching colors...and white. I've really been on a white wine kick lately.

take out from Iron Hen Cafe for dinner: whole grain quinoa hash with sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, spinach and black beans. too good for words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)