Thursday, May 22, 2014

Les Bouchées Quotidiennes

Sorry for such a delay! Summer classes have started and I've been running around lately. Anyways, this Greek chopped salad is incredible. It was so easy, delicious and refreshing! Adding pepperoncinis and kalamata olives made it especially tasty. For a bulkier salad, add some cold cooked quinoa and baked tofu with Greek seasoning.

When I convert baking recipes, sometimes I'm afraid they won't turn out right. Surprisingly enough, this has only happened once when I added too much salt to a blueberry scone recipe. These little beauties are PB&J potato chip thumbprint cookies that are GF and dairy-free. This is also the first dessert I've ever made with peanut butter, which is crazy! These turned out wonderful and everyone who tasted them, loved them. I'm still daydreaming about them! I'm proud to say these were also made with some homemade strawberry jam from my neighbor.

This is the second time I've made this easy spicy Asian tofu because it goes well with everything! I usually stick to Isa's two-ingredient broiled sesame tofu, but sometimes I find myself craving something more. So we had this tofu with chili-ginger stir-fried pak choi + broccoli and brown rice. I've never heard of pak choi before, but I bought some that was grown at Guilford College at a little store up the street from me. They are a very basic Asian green that is related to bok choy, hence the name. You could easily substitute spinach or kale in place of the pak choi greens. 

Here's a typical weekend breakfast for us: salsa scrambled eggs, buttered toast and oven-broiled grapefruit! So easy, filling, and delicious.

Nothing makes me happier than making a dish with a bunch of spices and colorful vegetables! I've been eyeing this recipe for cumin-spiced chickpeas + vegetables for a while now, and I'm so glad I made it! This is more of a stew, but it's really easy to pull together even with a long-ish ingredient list. The result was warm, comforting, and slightly spicy. This would be perfect topped with harissa paste, as the recipe suggests, but I sprinkled in some dried harissa powder instead.

My basil is still growing strong (yay!) so I've been trying to use it in recipes every week. I decided to use it for Angela's tomato basil cream pasta in her cookbook, which has been amazing so far! The recipe I've linked is an old one of hers, that's not the same in her book, but it's very similar. The flavor was great and the her title "luxurious" describes it perfectly. It's an easy meal for any weeknight, but feels fancy enough for a special dinner date. I topped mine with extra basil (of course) and nutritional yeast. Pair with a bottle of your favorite red wine, and you're good to go! 

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments! :)