Okay, I know that I haven't posted in *quite* a while, but I had to share this recipe. I'm not sure why I decided to post this in the middle of the Thanksgiving craze, but it just happened that way. I got some pear cinnamon cider from Trader Joe's recently with the sole intention of creating a hot toddy with it. This toddy is an easy twist on the classic, which is typically made with just hot tea or sometimes hot water. In this version, the lovely flavors of the cider kick it up a notch (sorry Emeril) and make for a very comforting night cap. Don't have cinnamon pear cider? Sub your favorite apple cider and you're good to go!
Cinnamon Pear Cider Bourbon Toddy
- 10-12 oz cold cinnamon pear cider or apple cider
- 1 hot cinnamon spice tea bag or other spiced tea
- 1-2 shots bourbon
- 1-2 bar spoons of ginger or cinnamon simple syrup (optional, but highly recommended)
- Heat your cider over a stove-top or in a microwave in your mug. Be careful not to scald it!
- Steep your tea bag in the cider for 5 minutes, then discard the bag. If the temperature has decreased, heat it up a bit more, then add your bourbon. Stir in the simple syrup, if using, and enjoy! A cinnamon stick would also be lovely here.