Over time, I tweaked a few things though. I stopped doing a typical negroni 1:1:1 ratio, I started using Lillet Rouge (a fortified wine) instead of sweet vermouth, or when I have access, I love Carpano Antica Formula, an amazingly flavorful vermouth that's worth every penny. So if you're tired of the typical negroni and want something new, give this a whirl! I could drink it 24/7. Play around with your sweet vermouths too! There's nothing like variety. Also, no one would judge you if you added an orange popsicle to your cocktail...
La Rue Monge
- 1 - 1.5 oz Knob Creek smoked maple bourbon
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz sweet vermouth/Lillet Rouge/Carpano Antica Formula
- dash of blood orange bitters
- burnt orange/blood orange peel, for garnish
- Place 3-4 ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Add bourbon, Campari, vermouth/Lillet, and blood orange bitters.
- Stir until well combined.
- Strain into a glass.
- Add fresh ice if desired and garnish with an orange peel!