I know, I know...where did I go? Well, I'll have to explain that another time. Things got crazy and I stopped keeping up with my blog is the short version. Now I have more time on my hands, so I'm back at it and hopefully here to stay! Somehow we've made it through another year of food, drinks, and other delightful things. I'll be posting in the next few days about what I'm looking forward to in 2016, with more focus on "bucket lists" rather than resolutions. This has been one of the most difficult years for me, so I've been doing a lot of self-reflection.
Anyways, let's get to the food! It's been quite a while since I last posted, so some of these may not look familiar, but here are my 15 favorite things from 2015!
15 Favorite Recipes of 2015
3. Tequila Lime Fish Tacos with pickled red onions & avocado
4. Roasted Banana Bourbon Ice Cream (vegan); pro tip: use Knob Creek smoked maple bourbon!
5. Portobello Pups served with a grilled potato, grilled squash & vegan jalapeno poppers. These tasted just like hot dogs, but even better!
6. Authentic Pad Thai - one of the best I've tasted!
10. Tortilla Soup - one of my new go-to quick recipes made with pantry ingredients!
11. Hot & Sour Soup with Mushrooms, Cabbage & Rice - new favorite sick soup and it takes no time to make! I loaded mine up with extra lime, soy sauce, sriracha, and kimchi.
14. Blackened Tofu & Butternut Coconut Rice served with steamed kale
15. Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Waffles - perfect for a snow storm!
Happy New Year Everyone! :)