Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 - Looking Forward



I know that I'm twelve days late, but Happy New Year! I am looking forward to a brand new start this year. I'm not a believer in resolutions or taking things away from myself in a negative way, but rather enhancing and increasing the positive things in my life. So far I have re-started my daily home yoga practice, which has been wonderful, and it has also made me realize that I need a much thicker yoga mat! For me personally, this has helped with my personal happiness and releasing negative energy. I have still been keeping up with my exercise routine of weight lifting, cardio, and other work outs 3-4 times a week. I've also been trying new recipes a lot this year, so I'm really looking forward to what the rest of the year holds!

Last year was very stressful and full of many changes. I graduated from college, went to the ER more times than I'd like to admit, found someone I absolutely love being with, became a teacher, and at the end of the year, I quit. Quitting that job was something I had a very hard time dealing with as there was a lot of guilt attached to it. I convinced myself that I would learn to love teaching, and that I would get used to all of the stress and being a 24/7 employee. I just graduated and all of a sudden I had no social life or free time. I was stressed and crying all of the time, all because of this job that I was trapped in. I finally put in my notice after much consideration, and I've never been happier. I honestly forgot what it felt like to feel grateful for everything and happy with everyone around me. I am trying not to hang on to any lingering feelings of guilt, but rather looking ahead with gratitude for what teaching, as an experience, has given me. The bottom line is, it's not for everyone. I am so thankful to be where I am today and I can't wait to see where I'll be at the end of this year.

I'll be posting about what I've been cooking up very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)