Sunday, August 12, 2012

(746) don't worry, mama will fix it

so I went to the beach for a week and now I'm back!...
for another week, until school starts. then who knows how much I'll be blogging.

while it's still summertime, you should make these cupcakes. it only makes six but they're sooo good (as is the vegan strawberry curd). I made them GF with sorghum/tapioca/xanthan and dairyfree with rice milk and coconut milk "whipped cream" (which failed miserably!). 

scrambled eggs//sriracha___fried potatoes//ketchup

how to make Ashley's "French" sangria: slice strawberries, peaches, and apples. put in the bottom of a pitcher. cover with a good amount of red burgundy wine (cheap/good). add a good helping of bacardi rum and good orange triple sec (the good stuff!). stir. add sugar to taste. let sit overnight and taste to adjust sugar again. it should be sweeter since the fruit absorbs most of the alcohol. eat all the fruit in the pitcher if you want to have a drunken night!

vegan gluten free chocolate cake layered with cream cheese frosting, strawberries, and blueberries from Bay Naturals Store in Myrtle Beach




 my new (favorite) dress. I love purple!

headed to the beach with beer and a backpack


my two favorite people in the entire world. hands down.

 best friend of 8 years and going strong! (especially here)

on the slingshot!

herrrp time on my part.

getting ready for a day at the fair!

vegan glutenfree chocolate raspberry cupcakes + cosmopolitans = real life stuff

grilled old bay (self-caught) mahi mahi, chicken apple sausage + kale quinoa, and asian pan fried vegetables

the asian pan-fried vegetables were to die for. made by Daniel

suggestive? yes.

finally conquered another breakfast favorite! the easiest, quickest french toast. I used rice milk and gluten-free bread for substitutions. 

I also finally tried lump crab! lump crab remoulade with avocado, herb vinaigrette and cherry tomatoes at Aspen Grille in Myrtle Beach, SC.

1 comment:

  1. I was checking my site's traffic and saw your link back. Glad to hear you enjoyed the cupcakes! Looks like you had a fun time at the beach too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)