Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Favorites

How is August already over?! I feel like time has been going by way too fast. I've also somehow already survived two weeks of school! So here are my favorite recipes from August, that I highly recommend making! If it's from a cookbook, leave your e-mail and I will gladly send it to you! 

 1. 6-ingredient Sriracha Tempeh + Green Beans
This dish marinates for 30 minutes but only takes 5 minutes to actually cook. The main ingredients are: water, sriracha, tempeh, GF soy sauce, and green beans. It sounds simple, but the outcome of the dish was incredible. I will be making this over and over again. I highly recommend this for any night that you are short on time but want something good and spicy!
//FoReals Life


2. Black Bean Summer Squash Enchiladas
In the summertime, I eat as much zucchini and squash as possible. What better way than to use them in enchiladas? These enchiladas are spicy, packed with flavor and so delicious. I highly recommend using a homemade enchilada sauce for these (see here; sub vegan sour cream + vegetable stock). Just be sure to make these before summer is over and zucchini is no longer in season! 
//Fat-Free Vegan


 3. Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I recently discovered that Mike can eat cauliflower (!!!). So after this amazing discovery, I have been cooking with it once a week. And I know what you're thinking: cauliflower in a pizza crust? But trust me. This is may be the best GF crust I've ever had. The ingredients and process are incredibly simple. The recipe I used isn't vegan but can easily be made so by using egg-replacer. 
//Love & Lemons

4. Lemon-Blueberry Bars with Coconut Crust 
Who doesn't love lemon bars? These are studded with blueberries and are on top of a delicious, "buttery", coconut shortbread crust. The lemon flavor is bright and amazing! These are not vegan, and I'm not sure if there is a suitable substitute for eggs in lemon bars. However, I used vegan earth balance sticks, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, and tapioca starch. 
//La Phemme Phoodie


 5. Lemony Chickpea Kale Stir-Fry

Apparently I'm on a lemon kick lately! This "stir-fry" is quick and satisfying. It has chickpeas, tofu, zucchini, lemon, and caramelized onions. I never thought I would like chickpeas and tofu together, but this lemony stir-fry is great for a quiet night in. Serve it with brown rice or quinoa with earth balance, garlic, and salt. 
//101 Cookbooks


 6. Easy Weeknight Curry

Every time I make curry, I feel like I get better at it every single time. I'm constantly saying "this" is the best curry, then I quickly change my mind to another recipe. So I'm doing it again: this is the curry of the summer. It has an incredibly buttery undertone that comes from cooking the vegetables in coconut oil and coconut milk. The lime juice, fresh basil, and sriracha toppings also tie the dish together. Make this before the summer is over and you will not regret it! Serve over jasmine or basmati rice. Leave your e-mail for the recipe!
//Super Natural Everyday


7. Buffalo Tempeh + Vegan Ranch Salad
I actually hated ranch dressing when I wasn't mostly vegan. I sat with kids at lunch in middle school who put it on their pizza, which disgusted me to no end! (no offense to any ranch lovers). But this ranch is vegan, healthy, and tangy. It pairs perfectly with the spicy hotness of buffalo smothered tempeh. This salad is great for lunch and also doesn't take too much effort to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)