Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Les Bouchées Quotidiennes

This week, I made some delicious scrambled eggs with garlicky swiss chard and harissa powder. I just sauteed chopped garlic cloves and chard stems in oil until softened, then added the swiss chard leaves. I mixed together 2 eggs with some almond milk, harissa powder and salt. Pour over the swiss chard and scramble until cooked.

Yesterday was Mike's birthday, but this weekend I threw him a surprise Star Wars party. I'm so happy that he was 100% clueless about the party! I always make cupcakes for parties, but I've had my eye on these meyer lemon yoda cookies. These cookies was amazing for GF and they stayed soft and chewy the next day. The best part is the homemade meyer lemon curd which is SO easy to make and it tastes like lemon meringue pie. These cookies were delicious!

Special breakfast brunch for Mike this weekend: eggs over easy, garlicky sauteed Swiss chard and wonder fries with green onions and miso mayo. 

We've been eating a lot of salads lately and this quinoa tabbouleh salad hit the spot! It had lots of fresh mint, parsley, and the pomegranate molasses was amazing! This salad is a great crisp and refreshing dish for any weeknight or a light dinner. It also gets better when it sits in the fridge for day.

Savory tea...What?? I know it may seem odd, but it was actually very delicious and relaxing. I'd like to experiment cooking with this sometime, maybe making a lazy soup with some cooked rice and vegetables. They have other varieties like tomato mint, cabbage beet, and fennel parsley. I can't wait to try the other flavors!

I've been trying to cook from cookbooks lately, and this creamy sun-dried tomato pasta was INSANELY good. This comes from the book Isa Does It, which is definitely one of my favorite cookbooks. You braise the red onions and broccoli in red wine and garlic, which creates an amazing sauce that is then mixed with a vegan cashew cream. I used GF brown rice pasta for this recipe.

 Last night, Ashley and I went to a macaron class at Savory Spice Shop! We got to see how the macaron batter is made, we practiced piping on baking sheets, then we learned how to make Swiss Meringue buttercream (dairy-free). The best part was getting to assemble macaron shells with different fillings (and taking them home...and eating them...). We had so much fun and it was such an informative class! I'm definitely not as afraid to make macarons now!

Here are the shell varieties we had: chocolate, pistachio, coconut, raspberry and lavender. Filling varieties: plain Swiss meringue, espresso Swiss meringue, vanilla bean pear jam, and lemon curd. They were SO good!

2 comments:

  1. omg omg omg those yoda cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! they are so tasty. but more importantly, that meyer lemon curd is amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :)