This drink was created after a craving for kraken and grenadine. Lately, I've been alternating between burly temples and GF beer. I love grenadine, but wanted something a little different. So the dark and shirley was born: a cross between a burly temple and a dark n' stormy.
The Dark & Shirley
- 1 shot grenadine (for a stronger drink, use 1/2 shot grenadine)
- 1 shot Kraken spiced black rum
- ginger ale/ginger beer (ginger beer for more spice)
- lime wedge (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, add 3-4 cubes of ice, grenadine and rum. Shake vigorously.
- Pour, with ice into a short glass. Add ginger ale/beer to top off. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- If you want a more "traditionally served" dark n' stormy type drink: shake the grenadine and black rum together. Get a glass with some ice. Pour ginger beer in. Add the grenadine/rum on top. Serve with lime