Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sriracha Deviled Eggs

These little gems are something my best friend Ashley and I have been making for years. But this time, I added a few extra ingredients and used some 'traditional' deviled egg ingredients too. I hated deviled eggs for most of my life, which is odd for a Southern gal, but after making them on my own a few times I've grown to love them. I have to admit, these were breakfast for Mike and I this weekend after Ashley gave us a carton of hard-boiled eggs (leftover from April Fool's day pranks). If you serve them with Cajun home fries, no one would judge you 
(because we totally did too)


Sriracha Deviled Eggs
Yields 12

- 6 eggs, hard-boiled (make sure they're cold)
-1 green onion; light green/white parts sliced and dark green parts reserved for garnish
-1 TBS vegan mayo (or plain hummus, if you hate mayo)
-1/4-1/2 tsp yellow mustard
-1 tsp (or more) of sriracha (we used about 2 tsp)
-1 TBS minced fresh cilantro
-pinch of garlic powder

  1. Remove the hard-boiled egg yolks and place in a bowl. You should be able to pop them out easily. Be sure to keep the egg white in tact! (I tore one or two)
  2. Mash the yolks with a fork until crumbly and no big pieces remain.
  3. Add the green onion (white and light green parts only), mayo or hummus, mustard, sriracha, cilantro and garlic powder. Stir, while mashing, until everything is incorporated. Taste and adjust spice level and seasonings to your liking.
  4. Spoon (or if you're Martha Stewart, pipe with a piping bag) the filling back into the egg. I use a teaspoon measurement for this which worked great.
  5. Garnish with dark green onion slices and extra sriracha. Dig in!


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! :)