Wednesday, April 4, 2012

(605) whole foods market

some amazing things have been going on this week. I've been in whole foods training here and there. saturday I will be working in winston (how nerve-wracking!!) to train on register etc before we open. I am so excited but a little nervous. I am more happy/grateful to work for such a great company. I have been meeting some really cool new people who share my love for food and excitement for whole foods in general. we open in less than a week...I can hardly believe it or wait!

something strange has also been happening...as time goes on, I find myself eating less and less meat. I'm also cutting down on my sugar drinks/popsicles etc. (save for sweet treats that I make!). I notice that most of my tabbed recipes are either vegetarian or pretty much vegan. this recipe for lemony collard greens pasta. I already love olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes together...but this is so spicy and delicious. it's perfect. I used toasted almond slivers instead of  pine nuts and it was out of this world. I'm still drooling over it. my free collard greens from WF were put to great use!



on that same "vegetarian" note, I find myself buying more and more produce, like this beautiful rainbow chard. the vibrant colors really caught my eye and it was less than $3 (and organic). I would've been crazy to not walk out of the store with it. today, I can proudly say, I bought 80% grocery items instead of processed/frozen/prepared/sushi etc. I'm starting to make more conscious decisions when it comes to food shopping, using the same ingredients in different dishes, etc. it's really important to consider these things. I was just reminded of this recent post from the little red house which I really loved. "The Everlasting Meal" cookbook is also high on my to-buy list.

this week I've had to tell myself to relax. make a smoothie for myself, lay in bed with Rigby, and read a book. don't let things stress me out. smoothies have really helped to clear my head and make me feel better in general. this was another "super spinach" one from Joy the Baker. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet
banana almond smoothie
chocolate espresso cupcakes
salty chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
mini coconut chocolate chip cookies

Savory
orange cocoa nib/ grilled zucchini /avocado salad
jalapeno + kale marinated lime tostada
asparagus frittata
herbed bread
black bean + plantain burgers
watercolor easter eggs + "egg salad" sandwich
sweet potato veggie burgers
pasta with olives, tomatoes + raisins
arugula lemon breadcrumb pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)