This recipe was created because they changed their seasonal cocktail to something else (a delicious black cherry ginger mojito) and I had to find a way to recreate it. I've had this many times at Sticks & Stones because of how simple and delicious it is. Slightly fruity blackberry whiskey pairs with fresh lemon juice, sweet agave nectar and minty lemon balm.
The Balm 57 is great for the summertime because of the refreshing lemon and mint. Also, who doesn't love whiskey? I mean, really. So put this at the top of your to-do-list! You will not regret it.
The Balm 57
- 2-2.5 oz Dock 57 Blackberry Whiskey
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar
- 1 tsp minced fresh lemon balm or mint
- blackberries, for garnish (optional)
- Put the whiskey, lemon juice, agave, and lemon balm in a glass. Use 2 oz whiskey for a sweeter drink, and 2.5 oz for a slightly stronger drink. Stir with a bar spoon.
- Finish with ice and top with blackberries on a toothpick.
Makes 1 cocktail