Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Pimm's Teacup

Have you ever had Pimm's No.1? It's probably my favorite booze on the market. It's considered a "fruit liqueur" and has a sweet, fruity flavor. Mixed with Sprite, cucumber slices, lemon and orange peel, and strawberries, it becomes one of the most refreshing summertime drinks of England: the Pimm's Cup. I had my first Pimm's cocktail at Printworks Bistro and immediately fell in love. This liqueur also pairs incredibly well with St.Germain, an elderflower liqueur. 

I happened to have a pitcher of pomegranate oolong iced tea in my fridge that I've been sipping on for a few days. I've been thinking of concocting a Pimm's pomegranate drink, but this will have to do for now. Luckily, Pimm's is pretty affordable (less than $20) but is not found at every liquor store. Hopefully I will come back with a fancier Pimm's cocktail in the future that includes some fruit and tonic!



The Pimm's Teacup
  • 1 C iced tea (see link above for the kind I used; I recommend something fruity)
  • 1 shot of Pimm's No.1 liqueur
  • Cucumber slices

Pour tea into a teacup. Mix in Pimm's. Drop in an ice cube if desired and top with cucumber slices. Happy Pimm's O'Clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)