I like to keep organic romaine lettuce, a big bag of organic carrots, and the occasional celery or fruit to throw in. Having a variety of nuts and seeds also adds a nice crunch to your salad. Today I wanted to try something different. I had half of an avocado in my fridge, some strawberries, and the usual carrots/lettuce. I stumbled across this post which more or less inspired this salad. I was too lazy to make the dressing, so I created my own. This salad is lemony, bright, and refreshing! Just adjust the amount of ingredients to your liking/how many you are serving.
Strawberry Lemonade Salad
(adapted lightly from this)
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- half of an avocado, diced
- 4-5 strawberries, hulled and halved
- a handful of almonds/sunflower seeds, toasted
- juice of 1 lemon or less (I used about 3/4 of a whole lemon)
- splash of olive oil
- a few glugs of raspberry/strawberry vinegar (balsamic or white balsamic works too)
- optional add-ins: feta, goat cheese, pickled red onions
- Toss lettuce, carrots, avocado, nuts, and strawberries together.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad. Add olive oil, vinegar and any other add-ins.
- Toss and enjoy!